If I ever got it together....
If I ever got it together, and became my vision of perfect, here is what I would be like:
I'd cook all my meals from scratch, I'd bake every day, I'd make sourdough bread every week, I'd never eat processed food, I would grow my vegetables, I would eat what I grew, I would know all my hundreds of cookbooks by heart and know how to cook and bake everything, and I would be able to troubleshoot all of your cooking and baking problems. Oh and I'd be fit and forever young and know everything about food.
Reality has a way of seeping in, however, and there is not enough time or money in the world that will make me this perfect. Even people with both, end up facing reality sooner or later.
Does that mean I have to give up on perfection? Yes.
Does that mean I have to give up on going down the path of attaining perfection? No. The journey is the thing, isn't it?
Each item in my list has it's own path, its own troubles, its own fits and starts down this journey. I don't know how far I will get but I know if I hold myself accountable to at least point myself in that direction, I will be better than when I started.
Sourdough starter - starting again:
This is a container of sourdough flakes in water. Last December I learned that I can spread out my sourdough starter, let it dry into large flakes and save it, should I kill my starter. And as busy as I get, yes I have killed many starters. And though I was hopeful about Bob the third, the black liquid on top and the stinky cheese smell told me yes, you killed this one too. I'm not even sure I know when I last fed him. Poor Bob.
![]() |
| Sourdough Starter flakes in water |
I don't actually know how to get it going again so I added water. Once it softens to a paste I will feed it and hope for the best.
Had some lunch while I wait.
Garden grown eggplant with parmesan. Homemade mac and cheese (half counts because I bought the noodles), and a hot dog. This was my compromise from wanting to eat the entire pot of Mac n cheese. :)
Hope you all have a great weekend. I'll give an update next week. If I don't forget.
Vicky


Comments
Post a Comment